| RESEARCH PAPER
|Year : 1988 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 80-85
Screening of pharmacological actions of Aegle marmelos
CG Hema, K Lalithakumari
1. The effect of the aqueous, alcoholic and petroleum ether extracts of A. marmelos have been studied for t he hypoglycaemic and other pharmacological actions.
2. The aqueous snd alcoholic extracts at 500 mg/kg dose produced hypoglycaemia in normal fasted rabbits, but the petroleum other extract did not.
3. The aqueous extract revealed cardiac stimulant, smooth-muscle relaxant and uterine stimulant properties.
4. The alcoholic extract showed cardiac depressant, smooth muscle relaxant and uterine relaxant properties.
5. Daily sdministrrtion for six weeks showed necrosis and congestion of liver and kidney, with both the extracts. But more pronounced with the aqueous extract.
C G Hema
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None