| [Download PDF]
|Year : 1991 | Volume
| Issue : 3 | Page : 160--163
Pharmacological and biochemical effects of few indigenous drugs
KS Santoshkumari1, KS Devi2
1. Effect of administration of Ayurveda drugs Nisakathakathi Kashayam (NK) and Rasnairandadi Kashayam (RK) and its mixture (2: 1 V/V) in a dose of 1 ml/kg body weight/day in normal, diabetic, diabetic hypertensive and diabetic hyper-cholesterolemic rabbits were studied.
2. No toxic reaction was observed in mice on administration of NK and RK. RK and the mixture of NK and RK caused decrease in the blood pressure of diabetic hypertensive rabbits,
3. RK increased acetylcholine induced spasm but NK did not.
4. NK showed +ve inotropic effect whereas RK first showed a cardiac arrest followed by a +ve inotropic effect.
5. NK contains 35 gm% total solid, 0.19 gm% total alkoloid and no zinc and copper. Whereas RK contains only 6.8 gm% total solid 0.32 gm% total alkaloid, 3.52 ppm copper and 1.87 ppm zinc.
6. Administration of NK and RK and its mixture to experimental rabbits decreased fasting blood glucose and serum cholesterol and the effect was more significant in the case of mixture.
K S Santoshkumari
|How to cite this article:|
Santoshkumari K S, Devi K S. Pharmacological and biochemical effects of few indigenous drugs.Indian J Pharmacol 1991;23:160-163
|How to cite this URL:|
Santoshkumari K S, Devi K S. Pharmacological and biochemical effects of few indigenous drugs. Indian J Pharmacol [serial online] 1991 [cited 2019 Nov 12 ];23:160-163
Available from: http://www.ijp-online.com/article.asp?issn=0253-7613;year=1991;volume=23;issue=3;spage=160;epage=163;aulast=Santoshkumari;type=0