|Year : 2015 | Volume
| Issue : 3 | Page : 342
Department of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Vedica College of Pharmacy, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Date of Web Publication||18-May-2015|
Department of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Vedica College of Pharmacy, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Sagar R. Author's Reply. Indian J Pharmacol 2015;47:342
We thank you for the queries and submit the following clarifications:
- Published study  is a part of an ongoing study that is, we observed the chemo-preventive effect of flavonoid fraction of Apium leptophyllum fruit on DMBA-induced skin carcinogenesis. This may be due the synergistic effect of flavonoidal contents in the fraction
- The study on specific bioactive flavonoid in this fraction which is responsible for the chemo-preventive effect is under progress, that is, isolation and structural elucidations of a specific compound. Hence, we cannot disclose the name of bioactive flavonoids before completion of our project
- We have not done the study at molecular level in the present investigation to know the exact mechanism of chemo-preventive effect, but we have only determined the chemo-preventive potential of A. leptophyllum fruit at different dose level on the basis of evaluation parameters. Hence, we cannot predict the exact mechanism of protection
- But the flavonoid fraction of A. leptophyllum showed chemo-preventive effect; which may be due to anti-oxidant and inhibition of lipid peroxidation on cellular molecules.  for which reference is already mentioned
- The study for screening of isolated bioactive flavonoid from the fraction on various cell lines is under progress, after completion of which we may be able to suggest the probable mechanism for this activity.
| » References|| |
Sahoo HB, Santani DD, Sagar R. Chemopreventive potential of Apium leptophyllum
(Pers.) against DMBA induced skin carcinogenesis model by modulatory influence on biochemical and antioxidant biomarkers in Swiss mice. Indian J Pharmacol 2014;46:531-7.
Pietta PG. Flavonoids as antioxidants. J Nat Prod 2000;63:1035-42.